Saturday, July 16, 2011

Year Two!!!!



Omg Omg Omg!!  Here we go!!!  Our first full year of Homeschooling! Last year was about 60 percent de-schooling.  I am trying to act excited and confident by adding lots of exclamation points!!!!! Whoohooo!!!!!

Ok, I am excited but excited in the way of watching an action film and sitting on the edge of the seat wondering how the main character will escape death this time.  Homeschooling is a lot of pressure, man! If your kids are stupid and in public school, you can blame the shitty school system or the economy (lack of funding for textbooks). If your kids are stupid and you homeschool it is because you suck! Ok, that is how others see it, don't lie!

OOOH Disclaimer time...


I don't care about my punctuation or anything in this blog. I am going to make typos or plain ol grammar mistakes, don't judge me. I spend energy improving my children, not myself.

Another Disclaimer: I totally lied...twice. I made the first disclaimer because having a blog while Homeschooling is kinda ballsy. One typo and you are toast. I think they revoke your Homeschooling card or something. Oh and I did improve myself. I quit smoking after 12 years! My best friend did too! So excited and needed to brag....

Today my plans are to stare at the crapload of curriculum that is spread out on my living room floor. I will arrange it into piles that will later make no sense and then rearrange them again to make myself feel a sense of accomplishment. Next I will browse the internet and decide what schedule we will be using. The kids want to school year round so that opens up more options for us. I am not very good with options. I tend to go crazy with too many options. I like being told what to do and when to do it. I like being given rules and structure. Pray for me...



3 comments:

  1. Again, congrats on quitting smoking!! And YOU CAN DO THIS! And you will NOT hurt your children's future or any such thing. ;) You know you can contact me any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a nice long encouraging comment about how HSing is easier than quitting smoking. You can do this and all that warm and fuzzy stuff. Then I clicked post comment and I lost it. I guess I'm better at teaching my son than this blogging and commenting stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for making it through year 1!!! You know if you need a yr 2 principal I will come and paddle your kids for you. You have to sign the waiver slip first though ;0)

    Ok seriously, so proud of you for sticking with this and not just making it another thing you try for a week and get bored with. Love you! muahhhhh!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! I am with kids all day and it is nice to hear from others lol jk. Open to advice, guidance and encouragement. I comment back :)